INDOORS WORK OUT DURING THIS PERIOD OF CORONA (HOME GYM).
ADVICE: Take advantage of the self-isolation advisory and keep fit(workout) at home.
There is a great relationship between your body fitness and your health status. According to research, those people who work out regularly have relatively good health status as compared to those who rarely take time to work out and therefore it’s very important to allocate part of your free time to at least try the sample exercises as discussed in this article.
Fitness: The ability to perform physical activity. You define the limits of your fitness; you can walk a mile a day or train for the Ironman Triathlon.
Health: The optimal balance of all systems of the body — the nervous, muscular, skeletal, circulatory, digestive, lymphatic, hormonal and all other systems.
The following are examples of simple exercises that can help you keep fit now that corona virus is a global pandemic and these sample of indoors workout can greatly help you in boosting your immune system as whole. You don’t need to spend anything and one can try from home:
1. PUSH UPS
Push-ups are a basic exercise used in athletic training or during physical education classes. The push-up is a multi-joint upper body exercise that can increase the upper body muscular push strength, shoulder strength, and performance of activities demanding high level of relative strength. Pushups are one of the basic and most common exercises for the human body more so the chest.
The pectoral muscles, triceps, and anterior deltoids, with ancillary benefits to the rest of the deltoids, serratus, anterior, coracobrachialis and the midsection as a whole.
There are different ways in which you can do your push-ups but also remember to do it the right way so that the goal of the whole process is achieved.
Proper way of performing pushups is by placing yourself in a horizontal position balancing on both the hands and toes while facing down, with arms extended, hands shoulder, width or more apart, and feet touching or slightly apart. This movement is excellent for the pictorials major and the triceps. Inhale and bend the elbows to bring the rib cage close to the ground.
ADVICE: Consider do it on a soft surface maybe on a mat. Push back up to complete arm extension and exhale at the end of each movement.
TYPES OF PUSH UPS
There are two versions of the pushup mainly;
- Wide pushup
The wide push-up requires you to place your hands on the floor, a little wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Narrow pushup
The narrow pushup will have you placing your hands on the floor forming a diamond shape with your fingers, in line with your head.
Each version of push-up produces related movements in shoulders and elbows, but the wide pushup gives you a greater range of motion.
BENEFITS OF PUSH –UPS
Pushups can be performed at home without the expensive exercise equipment, which can save your money on a gym subscription.
- Pushups exercise on a regular basis will strengthen your muscles, which can gear up daily activities and also improves your body shape hence physical performance in general.
- Pushups also strengthen your core muscles.
- Pushups provide better results than many similar exercises. Athletes who include pushups in their workout episodes find that they are able to reach their fitness goals more easily than those following workouts that rely on other methods minus pushups.
- Performing pushups can help increase testosterone levels, reducing risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Pushups exercise stimulates the metabolism and blood circulation, allowing you to burn more calories throughout the rest of your workout.
- Pushups use a large number of muscles at the same time, your legs get into the action. A muscular activity means that your heart must work hard to pump blood to your working muscles, which also causes by increasing your breathing rate.
- A set of pushups will raise your metabolic rate while you are doing them and afterward, hence healthy weight loss.
2. SIT UPS
A sit up is an abdominal-centric exercise starting in a supine position (facing up) with both feet restrained while flat on the ground, the knees bent, and the arms crossed at the chest with the hands resting on opposite upper pectoral muscles. By contracting the rectus abdominis, the head, shoulders and back are lifted off the floor until the upper torso is 30° to 45° in relation to the floor.
Using a partner or fixed object, restrain your feet so they remain flat on the floor during the entire movement. Rest your head, shoulders and back on the floor, and maintain proper curvature of your lower spine, not allowing it to touch the floor.
Sit-ups will result into six packs generation for men (hence good body shape) and tummy reduction in women
3. ROPE JUMPING
This is one of the simplest exercise to perform since all you need is a rope. You can jump your rope from outside your house or even in an open room with good air conditioning. Rope jumping is more than jogging, hopping and jumping, there are lots of variations! And you can do it with family and friends.
This exercise helps in:
- Strengthening your body in general and as you pant, your chest’s efficiency is greatly increased(Stamina/endurance).
- Stimulates the metabolism and blood circulation, allowing you to burn more calories hence a good way to lose weight (fat loss and weight maintenance).
- It is also a good exercise to detoxify your body as you sweat out the toxins from your body.
- Body composition.
- Cardiovascular fitness.
- Coordination (motor skill).
- Agility (speed work).
A roller is a round wheel with protruding joints from which your hands rest. There are many positions from which you can roll but the most common one is on a flat and comfortable surface as you kneel. Then you move the roller forward as your body from the knees upwards, stretches with it while avoiding touching down with either your stomach or chest before rolling back.
This exercise is good for muscles generation and strengthening more so the six packs.
You can also stretch your arms and legs (alongside the above exercises) to avoid muscle pull or crump. There is a variety of ways in which you can stretch out all of which are recommendable for body fitness.
The above mentioned exercises (for both gender) can greatly help you keep fit during this corona period. A good diet and drinking enough water is greatly recommended for as you engage in any work out activity for best results and comfortability of your body.
STAY FIT AND HEALTH